Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pizza

I made pizza last week, using this recipe for the dough (although I ended up adding a lot more flour in order to make the dough un-sticky). For the toppings, I brushed some olive oil, some of the pesto Natasha brought from home, sliced tomatoes, and some cheddar (I didn't have any Parmesan or mozzarella at the time. Oops). If its success were to be measured by its prettiness, I'd say it turned out quite well --


Chris was skeptical about the cheddar, so he requested one side to be cheddar-less. I think he was won over by the unconventional deliciousness in the end though.


Yum.


The sous chef, calmly doubting my choice of cheese amid the kitchen frenzy.

The pesto + tomato combination was delish, but the dough tasted more like a very large cracker instead of a stretchy, doughy pizza. And I don't know whether I should have kneaded the whole thing more or let it rest more before I baked it. More experimentation definitely seems to be in order.


The pizza's endgame.

No comments: