Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mango Smoothie



For me, smoothies are the perfect post-workout beverage. It's cold, nutritious and damn tasty. After frisbee today, I made the best mango smoothie yet: 1 part (by volume) of TJ's European style yogurt, 1 part frozen mangos, 1 to 1.5 part soy milk, a bit of maple syrup, a squeeze of lime, and the secret ingredient: a pinch of salt. It was so good -- creamy, cold, tart -- everything I needed after running around for 3 hours. I found that the small pinch of salt really brought out all the flavors whereas in its absence smoothies can often taste a little flat. So even though I originally added the salt to bring a tropical, margarita-like flair to my mango smoothie, I'm convinced that its will help other fruit smoothies in a similarly awesome manner.

On a separate note, my smoothie consumption has vastly increased after I started to use my beloved immersion blender. Instead of having to take apart all those finicky pieces on a blender, all you have to do is rinse off the stick after use. Things cannot get anymore perfect than this.

No comments: