Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A confession

I've had a rather uninteresting past couple of days food wise. Frankly, I'm having a hard time remembering what I've been cooking/eating. I'm pretty sure I ate a lot of cereal. Like, A LOT of cereal. This past Saturday I went to Whole Foods and came back with only large cartons of soymilk and a box of cereal. By Sunday evening, the cereal was gone. I think I ate other things too but they're not coming up too clearly (Actually, now that I actually think about it, Shaila came by and taught me how to make a delicious Indian dish, which I forgot to take pictures of so you'll have to wait until I recreate it to read about it).

Anyway, as a food blogger, I guess I should make this confession sooner rather than later. As much as I'd like you to believe that I come home every day ready to hop into the kitchen to cook the next edition of Apartment Cuisine, most days I just pour myself a bowl of cereal, plop down somewhere, and eat that until my blood sugar level is high enough for me to stand up again. There will be days when I eat pretty much nothing but cereal and be perfectly happy. So really, my diet is more like that of a bachelor than a food blogger.

Since I believe all blog posts are better with pictures, this is where I would have wanted to insert a picture of a bowl of my favorite cereal. But I can't even do that because I already finished the box that I bought on Saturday. But if you really want to know, my current favorite brand is Nature's Path Flax Plus. It's just a little sweet and doesn't get mushy easily, even with a slow eater like me.

Phew. Boy it felt good to get that off my chest. I hope you will still have enough faith in my culinary abilities after reading that. But if I don't post for a couple of days, you know what I'm eating.

No comments: